Skilled Trades Services, Inc., an Industry leader in skilled construction staffing has IMMEDIATE openings for Commercial Sheet Metal Duct Technicians for a project in Heath, OH.
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Experienced in the installation of VAV boxes, and various types of commercial duct working including spiral duct, rectangular, square duct, etc.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Prepare, fabricate and install commercial duct work to specifications.
- Install hangars, supports, according to plans and applicable specifications.
- Hoist loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment.
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance history experience.
- Ability to read prints and construction drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and manufacturers manuals and instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge on the pipe fitting processes for industrial piping and boiler components.
- Journeyman must have 8-10 years experience with commercial duct installation.
- MUST be able to read prints, do lay-out work, etc.
- Top-Helpers may be considered, but must have 5-8 years experience in commercial sheet metal duct installation.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Good reading comprehension.
- Ability to work with others -- team player.
- Ability to work independently -- minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors.
- Must be capable of working out side in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Verifiable employment eligibility via E-Verify.
- Possess all hand tools of the trade.
Call 704-944-5518 Immediately!
Please be prepared to forward us a copy of your up-to-date resume.
About Skilled Trades Services:
Skilled Trades Services, Inc. provides the most comprehensive and cost-effective trades workforce solutions. Skilled Trades Services places skilled craftsmen for commercial construction projects, industrial projects and military construction projects.
From sourcing, to on-boarding, to pay-rolling, we can manage the entire employment process for you, freeing up your valuable time and money. Whether you need an individual tradesman, or an entire project team, we will adapt to your needs. Our unique combination of recruiting expertise, industry experience, and a client focused model enables Skilled Trades Services to consistently provide the most intelligent solutions for your trades manning needs.
We'll get you workers when and where you need them! We place construction/industrial trades people to including, Boilermakers, Concrete Workers, Electricians, HVAC Service Technicians, Insulators, HVAC Service Technicians, Pipe Fitters, Pipe Welders, Plumbers, Riggers, Sheet Metal Duct Installers, etc. We work throughout the Southeast including, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee & Virginia.