The Trade Specialist will be a subjectmatter expert for their specific trade role and will primarily be responsibleto review relevant trade related proposals for repair and replacement. This position will work directly with ourservice providers and staff to answer any industry related questions and ensurewe are in line with all industry best practices and pricing.
· Review and evaluate all repair and replacement proposals throughfmPilot (software application) specific to commercial settings
· Utilize personal trade/field experience to identify pricing errors,overcharges, and proper breakout to help control/monitor repair costs
· Communicate with service providers, FacilitySource team members,and clients
· Review and respond to work orders in a set time frame
· Review work order history of location for prior system repairs
· Negotiate best possible terms for repair scenarios with serviceproviders
· Develop internal and external partnerships and utilize influencingskills to secure best services at best cost to the client
· Foster both Client and Service Provider relationships whileachieving the desired results of controlling expense
· Maintain detailed records of activities and completed work ordersand track financial savings
· Candidates must be willing to work schedules based on the clientoperating hours, which may include evenings, holidays, and weekends. Specific information will be provided by therecruiter
· May require occasional overnight travel to visit customer locations
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Advanced engineering principles and practices
· Ability to improve job costs through negotiation with vendors
· Ability to conduct research to ensure accuracy of all estimates
· Ability to recognize cost-saving opportunities and providealternate options when needed
· Workflow comprehension
· Proficiency in preparing work orders, trade documents, and e-mailcommunications
· Well-developed problem solving skills
· Self-motivated and detail oriented
· High sense of urgency with ability to meet deadlines
· Adaptable to an ever changing environment
· Strong multi-tasking ability
· Strong computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Officeapplications
· Listens and communicate effectively with a diverse group of people
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline preferred (FacilityManagement, Mechanical, Building Construction, Engineering etc.) and/or 4+years’ work related experience in Technical Trade
· 5-10 years commercial experience in specific trade
· Licensure or certification in specialized trade
WHY WORK FOR US:
FacilitySource knows that the best thing we can do to makeour clients happy is to make our employees happy.
What We Do
CBRE | FacilitySource provides an innovative,technology-driven, single-source facility management and support solution toleading brands in retail, banking, logistics, health care and many othersectors. CBRE | FacilitySource maintains the industry’s largest and mostreliable data repository to provide business intelligence, transparency,flexibility, support and the Elite Network of Service Providers to saveclients’ money and get the most out of their facilities, while offering peaceof mind. Established in 2005, FacilitySource was acquired in 2018 by CBREGroup, Inc., the largest commercial real estate services and investment firm inthe world.
Maintaining our facility management solutions starts with ouremployees. We take the time to foster a unique culture for our employees, onethat thrives on innovation, professional development, performance recognition,and creating an enjoyable workplace. Our biggest assets are our employees andwe are always looking for ways to support a positive employee experience.Whether it’s through our business casual dress code that includes jeans everyday, our recognition programs for performance and new ideas, or our regularly scheduledemployee events and activities to get people interacting with each other, weare gladly investing in programs that inspire our employees to achieve theirbest, make our clients happy, and have fun.
Benefits and EmployeeOfferings
Our tagline is UP. AND RUNNING. We keep our clients’facilities running smoothly with our facility support solutions. And, we keepour employees UP. AND RUNNING. By offering a wide variety of professionaldevelopment courses to enhance job efficiency while promoting professionalgrowth. Come explore the variety of employee benefits including Paid VolunteerTime, 20 days of paid time off in the first year, a variety of medical plans,and an employer matching 401(k).
Come Join the Team
FacilitySource has had record growth year-over-year largelybecause we have motivated employees offering our clients best-in-class service.If you are customer centric, are looking for a career and not just a job, andwant to be part of a positive work culture where employees work hard and playhard, then apply today!